Same old, same old…I need something new! - How to make a decision on what to change and how to change it.
Tribeca Salon Services is excited to answer a question from Sue in Naperville about how to decide on making a big change with her hair and how to go about deciding what to do. Don’t make the mistake of changing everything on impulse! Think it through so you don’t end up in bed for a week wishing you could go back to your same old style! Just hang on…help is on the way!
Question from Sue in Naperville:
I am so bored with my same old cut and color. I need a change but have no idea what to do. I want a total transformation! How can I make sure that I’m making the right decisions?
Tribeca Salon Services Answers:
Hang on there, sister! While makeover’s can be super exciting, they are not meant to do on an empty stomach. Whatever you do, don’t cut your hair off after growing it for ten years because a boyfriend broke up with you! Don’t put pink streaks in your hair because you watched something on an award show that inspired you. Let’s think this through and not be impulsive when thinking about a makeover. Five things worth considering are:
1. Why do I want to change? If you are in a bad place emotionally, no way is this a good idea. Come back to it when you’re feeling better. On the other hand, if you have thought it through and are willing to take a risk, knowing it’s only hair…then go for it!
2. Can I live with it if it’s not what I wanted? If you feel like you could handle it if your dream do looks more like disaster do, then go ahead and take a risk. If you think you’d flip out and buy a wig or refuse to leave the house, don’t do it.
3. Have I gotten the opinion of my friends and family? Don’t do a major change on impulse. Collect pictures of looks you like and ask people who love you what they think.
4. Be you! If you are conservative and all of a sudden decide that you’re going to branch out and cut off all your hair and spike it up, think again. This is not you! If you are honest with yourself, you’ll find that there’s something else going on. Figure that out, forget the haircut.
5. It’s not a magic wand. A makeover can be completely transformative, as it was for my model Kayla, who had her hair colored, cut and then had her makeup done. A makeover is not, however, a magic wand. If you’re not willing to spend the time on a hair style that clearly requires an hour worth of a curling iron, be realistic. Listen to your stylist and let them know what you’re willing to do to keep up your new look.
If you think it through, having a trusted professional change your look can be life changing. Transforming the way you look can boost confidence and encourage other positive changes. Bottom line? Just make sure you’re realistic and have thought through your new look. After you feel satisfied that you can check those five things off your list…GO FOR IT!
If you have questions – please send them to @Tribecaprm1@aol.com and we will feature you and answer your questions!!
The Tribeca Salon Experience and Information:
Tribeca Salon Services offers professional salon services in the comfort and privacy of your home, office or bridal suite. Tribeca Salon Services offers a wide variety of services such as hair cutting, hair color, up do's and makeup artistry. Tribeca Salon Services also specializes in bridal and special event hair and makeup. (Available for out of state weddings)
Tribeca Salon Services is based out of Naperville, IL and services the surrounding suburbs. Visit www.tribecasalonservices.com for more information or contact Patty McGuire, Owner, directly at 630.272.8162 or Tribecaprm1@aol.com.
Visit our website to see all of our services - www.tribecasalonservices.com