Does this summer’s drought have you worried about your garden and landscaping?
The University of Illinois Extension is providing tips for Dealing with the Drought including advice on what to water, when to water, and how to most efficiently water plants.
Information about drought-related stress on plants and leaf scorch is also provided.
Some top tips and interesting facts include:
- Prioritize trees and shrubs over annual flowers as they cannot easily be replaced.
- Water where the roots are.
- Brown, dormant lawn is an ideal stage for drought conditions.
- If you water your lawn, avoid daily watering in favor of less frequent, deep watering, which allows deeper roots.
- Water in the early morning hours to reduce the chances of disease and evaporation.
Click on the links below to download the free fact sheets: