Provided by the Illinois Toll Highway Authority.
The Tollway is restricting construction activity and suspending all temporary construction lane closures from noon on Tuesday, July 3, through 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 5. Some work may continue behind barriers to keep work on schedule, but this work will not impact traffic.
Major construction areas where drivers should plan for slower traffic during the holiday include:
Tri-State Tollway (I-94/I-294/I-80)
- Between 95th Street and Balmoral Avenue, traffic shifts and shoulder closures are in place for pavement repairs and resurfacing. Traffic splits are also in place over the Mile Long Bridge and the bridges at LaGrange Road, Archer Avenue, Salt Creek, 87th Street and Roberts Road for bridge repairs.
- On the northbound exit ramp to the westbound Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88), one lane is closed for bridge work.
- Between I-57 and Kedzie Avenue, I-294 traffic in both directions is reduced to three lanes for the reconstruction of the I-294 bridges over 147th Street.
Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88)
- Between Illinois Route 56 and Deerpath Road, traffic is shifted to the right in both directions for rebuilding and widening.
- Between Somonauk Road and Annie Glidden Road and between Locust Road and Illinois Route 251, traffic is reduced to one lane in both directions for pavement repairs and resurfacing.
Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90)
- Between the South Beloit Toll Plaza and Rockton Road, traffic is reduced to two lanes in each direction for an Illinois Department of Transportation project between Rockton Road and the state line.
A 45 mph speed limit is in effect 24/7 in all construction zones regardless ofwhether workers are present. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
For more information: