As the cold continues, many area schools, businesses and organizations have opted to close again on Tuesday.
Here is a look at what will be closed Tuesday in Naperville as of 6 p.m. Monday:
- ALL SAINTS CATHOLIC ACADEMY
- BETHANY LUTHERAN SCHOOL
- CALVARY CHRISTIAN-NAPERVILLE
- CONGREGATION BETH SHALOM - NAPERVILLE: RELIGIOUS SCHOOL CLASSES ARE CANCELED
- COVENANT CLASSICAL SCHOOL
- DISTRICT 203 SCHOOLS
- DISTRICT 204 (INDIAN PRAIRIE UNIT DISTRICT)
- FRONTIER CAMPUS (DISTRICT 204)
- LITTLE FRIENDS KREJCI ACADEMY
- LITTLE FRIENDS MANSION HIGH SCHOOL
- LOAVES & FISHES
- NAPERVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- NAPERVILLE PARK DISTRICT: PROGRAMS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO EXTREME COLD
- NAPERVILLE SKIN INSTITUTE: CLOSED BUT EMPLOYEES SHOULD REPORT TO WORK
- NIU (NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)-NAPERVILLE
- SCHOOL ASSOC FOR SPECIAL ED IN DUPAGE (SASED)
- SS PETER & PAUL RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- ST. THOMAS THE APOSTLE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ST. THOMAS THE APOSTLE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- WHEATLAND SALEM CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Do you know of other closures? Let us know in the comments section.
UPDATED 5 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26
With extreme cold headed our way, here is a look at what is closed Monday in Naperville as of 5 p.m. Sunday:
- Bethany Lutheran School
- All Indian Prairie Unit District 204 schools
- All Naperville School District 203 schools
- DuPage Montessori School
- Frontier Campus (District 204)
- Naperville Christian Academy
- Naperville Park District: all programs are cancelled Monday
- NIU (Northern Illinois University) - Naperville
- School Association for Special Education in DuPage (SASED)
- St. Margaret Mary Parish: All religious education classes will be cancelled on Monday
- Wheatland Salem Christian Academy
Source: Emergency Closing Center website — check the ECC website for the latest in closings for Naperville
UPDATED 4:40 p.m. on Sunday, Jan 26
Naperville School District 203 officials have cancelled all classes Monday due to the extreme weather conditions and bitter cold temperatures in the forecast Monday for this area.
The District 203 Administrative Center will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For additional information and updates, residents should watch the district web site. All updates will be posted to the District website first before any other communication is released.
"Please use every precaution for your family during these dangerously cold temperatures," according to a note posted Sunday evening on the district's website.
UPDATED: 4:20 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26
Indian Prairie School District 204 has cancelled all classes for Monday, Jan. 27.
This includes students who attend out-of-district programs. Monday's board of education meeting will take place as scheduled, according to the district's website.
"We will continue to monitor the weather and make a decision about Tuesday as early as possible on Monday," according to the district's website.
A wind chill warning will be in effect from 3 a.m. Monday through 9 a.m. Wednesday. Wind chill values could dip as low as -50 degrees Monday night.
READ MORE: ‘Coldest Air So Far This Winter’ Arrives Tonight; Blizzard Conditions Also Expected
ORIGINAL STORY POSTED AT 4:15 P.M. ON JAN. 26: Naperville school officials are monitoring weather conditions Sunday to determine whether to cancel classes Monday, according to local school district websites.
With extreme cold temperatures and wind chill values in the forecast for the start of the week, Naperville Community Unit School District 203 officials are monitoring "the forecast and local weather conditions throughout the weekend" to determine "if conditions warrant a decision to close school or delay opening, according to the District 203 website.
As of 4 p.m. on Sunday, no school closures had been posted on the school district's website or on the Emergency Closing Center website. The school district will announce school closings by 5:45 a.m. the day of the closing via the website, through the District's Talk203 notification system or via Twitter @Naperville023.
If school is in session, school officials encourage students to dress appropriately for weather conditions, "especially those walking to school or waiting at a bus stop."
Indian Prairie School District 204 officials are also closely monitoring weather conditions and are expected to notify family and staff by Sunday evening if classes will be cancelled on Monday, according to the District 204 website. Indian Prairie School District 204 will announce any closings by 6 am. Monday through the following outlets:
- Information is posted first on the district's website atwww.ipsd.org
- The district's Twitter account, @ipsd204
- Connect-ED phone call to parents/guardians
- Local television and radio stations
- Emergency Closing Center's website
- A recorded message on the district's information line at 630-375-3015