The Naperville Park District is helping out children in need this holiday season with its 2012 Toys for Tots program.
The program, hosted by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, invites the community to contribute new and unwrapped toys. Collections began in November and runs through Friday, Dec. 14.
“We invite the community to join us in brightening the holidays for kids in need,” said Park Police Chief Carl Schnibben in a press release.
Toys for Tots accept only new, unwrapped toys. Stuffed animals or toy weapons will not be accepted.
Residents can donate toys at six different locations within Naperville.
- The Park District’s Administration Building, located at 320 W. Jackson Ave. Hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon.
- The Park District’s Planning Office, located at 425 W. Jackson Avenue. Hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Santa House, located at the corner of Jackson Avenue and Webster Street on the Naperville Riverwalk. Santa House hours of operations are: Dec. 1, 6-8 p.m., Dec. 2, 12-6 p.m., Dec. 8-9, 15-16, and 22-23 from 12-6 p.m., and Dec. 17-21 from 4-8 p.m.
- Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, located at 305 W. Jackson Ave. Hours of operation are: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Barn Recreation Center, located at 421 W. Martin Ave. Hours of operation are: Sunday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon.
- South Maintenance Facility, located at 3415 Book Rd. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, noon to 2 p.m.