Naperville officials are looking for high school juniors and seniors to serve on several city boards and commissions.
Students interested in serving the city should submit a one-page essay indicating interest in tackling such a role and highlight the strengths they can bring to the commission. Students should also tell city leaders what they expect to learn from the experience. The essay should include the student’s name, address, telephone number, high school, grade level and indicate which board or commission they are interested in. Before submitting the application, interested students should reflect on the amount of time serving on a city commission requires.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 17. Applicant essays may be submitted by mail or in person to the mayor’s Office at the Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St., or by e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the mayor’s office at (630) 420-6018.
Listed below are the boards and commissions and scheduled meeting times. All meeting times are subject to change. For more information on the various boards and commissions, visit www.naperville.il.us/boards.aspx.
- Advisory Commission on Disabilities -- One Wednesday a month at 6:30 p.m.
- Advisory Cultural Commission -- As needed throughout the year
- Board of Library Trustees -- One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Building Review Board -- As needed throughout the year
- Downtown Advisory Commission -- Once a month at 3:30 p.m.
- Fair Housing Advisory Commission -- One Monday a month at 6:30 p.m.
- Financial Advisory Board -- Four times per year at 6 p.m.
- Historic Preservation Commission -- Six times per year at 7 p.m.
- Naperville Community Television Board -- One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Naper Settlement and Museum Board -- Four times per year at 8 a.m.
- Planning and Zoning Commission -- Two Wednesdays a month at 7 p.m.
- Riverwalk Commission -- One Wednesday a month at 7:30 a.m.
- Sister Cities Commission -- One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Transportation Advisory Board -- One Saturday a month at 8 a.m.