Monday, Jan. 9
- Theresa Ann Slaughterbeck, 51, of the 1200 block of North Main Street was arrested at her home where she was charged on an original warrant for theft of lost/mislaid property and use of another person’s credit card, police said. Her bail was $5,000.
- Roger Nelson Maradiaga, 37, of the 800 block of West Panorama Drive in Palatine, was arrested at 3:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Wood Street in Palatine, police said. He was charged on an original warrant for criminal defacement of property. His bail was $5,000.
- Bret Raymond Mylin, 29, of the 4400 block of Buckley Road in Lisle was arrested at 7:56 p.m. at Beebe Drive and South Route 59, police said. He was charged on an original warrant and for an expired registration and possession of cannabis, less than 2.5 grams. His bail was $5,000.
- Dennis R. Walske, 61, of the 1600 block of Marikay Avenue in Aurora, was arrested at 9:45 a.m. at the , 1350 Aurora Avenue, police said. He was charged on a failure to appear warrant.
- A contractor doing city sewer inspections reported that he unloaded a 60-pound, 2-foot by 3-foot water meter attached to a dolly and walked across the street and was gone about five minutes, according to reports. The man said when he returned the meter was missing.
- A 34-year-old man walked into Goodwill Industries and replaced the shoes he was wearing with a pair of used white Nike gym shoes valued at $5.35 and then walked out without paying, police said.
- A 61-year-old man in the 400 block of Ashwood Park Court said that someone damaged his vehicle’s tire by screwing a nail into it, police said.
- A 54-year-old woman in the 300 block of Pearson Circle reported that on Jan. 6 her mailbox was damaged.
- A 35-year-old woman in the 1100 block of West Ogden Avenue reported that someone placed an unknown item in the lock of her door so that it would no longer work, police said.
- A 31-year-old woman in the 700 block of Morningside Drive reported that her mailbox was damaged over the weekend, police said.
- A 52-year-old man in the 1300 block of Haverhill Circle reported that before 7 a.m. on Jan. 6 a row of mailboxes were damaged, police said.
A 40-year-old woman in the 1100 block of West Ogden Avenue reported that she was “chest-bumped” by her neighbor, police said. The neighbor denied the woman’s claims.