.

Firefighters Extinguish Kitchen Fire at Katy's Dumpling House

Naperville firefighters quickly extinguished a kitchen fire at a Naperville restaurant Sunday night.

Naperville Fire Department quickly extinguished a kitchen fire at a Naperville restaurant Sunday night.

Get news in your inbox. Sign up for the Patch newsletter.

Like Naperville Patch on Facebook.

Crews received a 911 call from employees at Katy's Dumpling House, 790 Royal St. George Dr. unit 115, around 8:16 p.m. to report a kitchen fire, which was caused by a grease fire in a wok, according to the Naperville Fire Department.

Ten vehicles and 25 fire personnel were dispatched to the scene. Restaurant employees attempted to put out the fire with an extinguisher before crews arrived, according to the fire department.

Once firefighters arrived, employees were escorted out of the building and a few were seen being taken inside an ambulance, however, no injuries were reported.

The fire started in the kitchen and extended up into the hood and duct system, "which extended to the exterior of the roof," according to the fire department. 

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire within ten minutes by opening up the the hood, duct system as well as parts of the roof, according to the fire department.

Crews remained on the scene for approximately another hour checking for an extension and ventilating the building, according to the fire department.

Estimated damage is approximately $40,000 dollars. 

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted by Naperville Police Department, Aurora Fire Department, Naperville Building Department, Naperville Electric Department, Nicor, and the DuPage Health Department.

Buford Pusser February 04, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I seen a smart meter fleeing the scene!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something