Forget about a few rushed hours of girls night out. Instead, spend a weekend of relaxation, shopping and plenty of me-time at Naperville's third annual Fall Girls Weekend, September 22-24.
The event kicks off Thursday at 4 p.m at a party at featuring food, libations, live music & fun. Additionally, the first 100 women to arrive will receive a $10 Downtown Naperville gift card.
"Downtown Naperville started a Girls Night Out several years ago that was only a one night only event," said Katie Wood, executive director of the Downtown Naperville Alliance. "It was so successful we expanded it over three days so women could just jump in and enjoy all the events."
Anyone who has ventured downtown unknowingly during Girls Weekend may have been surprised at the turnout. Parking can be more of a challenge, but with many parking garages around downtown finding a spot is possible.
Highlights of the three day event include:
Thursday, Sept. 22
- 4-8 p.m.: Complimentary Wine Tasting, , 119 South Main St.
- 6 p.m.: Scarf Tying Workshop and fashion tips, The , 4 E. Jefferson
- 6:30 p.m.: "Decorating Your Home for Autumn - Decor Class," , 9 W. Jackson.
- 7 - 10 p.m.: "Martinis & Makeovers," , 16 W. Jefferson
Friday, Sept. 23
- 2 - 4 p.m.: Cabinet Resurfacing Seminar, , 419 S. Washington
- All Day: Sparkling Mango Tasting, , 21 W. Jefferson
Saturday, September 24
- 10 and 11 a.m.: "Getting Started with the iPhone 4" and "Getting Started with the iPad 2," , 120 W. Jefferson
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Purse party, refreshments and treats, , 214 S. Main St.
- 12 - 2 p.m.: Ice Cream Cake Tasting, , 23 W. Jefferson
A complete schedule of events and participating stores can be viewed here.
"This is a chance for us to recognize how hard women work...how they always put themselves last," Wood said. "This is a chance for them to celebrate themselves and take care of themselves, and not feel guilty about doing something for themselves."