2010: the year that the Zuleg Family of Naperville lost Kyle - beloved son and brother - due to a heavy, falling branch during a game of flashlight tag on their annual family camping trip.
2012: the year that Kyle Zuleg should have graduated from Neuqua Valley High School with over 1000 of his peers, heading off to pursue his dream of becoming a sports broadcaster.
However, 2012 is still the year that Kyle Shines On in so many ways, thanks to the continued efforts of his family and friends through the Kyle Zuleg Foundation. And stay tuned for ways that YOU can get involved!
- 5 lives were changed forever when they became recipients of 7 of Kyle's organs
- 12 graduating high school seniors majoring in media communications received $1,000 Kyle Zuleg Foundation scholarships, in honor of what would have been Kyle's graduation year! This included all 7 applicants from Kyle's Neuqua Valley High School, plus an applicant from each of the other District 203 & 204 high schools.
- Kyle Zuleg Foundation blankets-"Wrapping warmth, comfort, and support around organ donor families one blanket at a time" are now in 4 area hospitals: Edward Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan, Loyola University Hospital, and St. Alexius Medical Center. Plus, by the end of October, the blankets will also be distributed at hospitals in Rockford, Elmhurst, and Evanston!
What can YOU do to help Kyle Shine On?
- Make a donation to the Kyle Zuleg Foundation to help fund even more District 203 & 204 graduate scholarships AND support organ donor families with "Forever in our Hearts" blankets
- Become an organ donor-it only takes a few important seconds to sign-up and save lives like Kyle!
- Save the date for the 2nd annual Kyle Zuleg Foundation Fundraiser: Saturday, April 13th, 2013 at the Bolingbrook Country Club. My husband and I attended the first fundraiser last November. It was an incredibly moving experience to hear the story of one of the recipients of Kyle's organs in person! There were over 200 raffle prizes and 22 silent/live auction items. And keep this in mind: there will be opportunities for individuals and businesses to donate items again closer to the event date!
- Lastly, if you're planning a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disney Cruise Line vacation, book it through travel beCAUSE (me!) and I'll donate $25-$200 to the Kyle Zuleg Foundation through our FUNDRAISING by MOUSE program! These donations come directly from my proceeds, and not from markups or added fees.
For more information on the Kyle Zuleg Foundation, please visit www.kyleshineson.org