The Safe ‘n Sound Office runs before and after school child care programs at the 203, 204, & 129 elementary schools. We have roughly 35 schools, and we run a program at each school, usually located on the stage or in a multipurpose room, with some access to the gym and playground at the school. We service an average of 20 school-aged children, K- 5th grade; curriculum includes character development activities, crafts, games and educational activities. These, along with free time, allow our staff the opportunity to interact and get to know the children at their site.
The Site Coordinator will implement curriculum, provide leadership to site staff, parent communication, ensure the safety and well-being of each child and overall operation of the program site.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Review and implement program curriculum while ensuring program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff while onsite.
• In case of the absence of the Program Assistant, Program Coordinator will fill in.
• Coordinate and implement program events and activities.
• Work with the program manager related to management of supplies and program enrollment to ensure all budget goals are met and/or exceeded.
• Work with teachers, principals and other staff at the school to ensure programs success.
• Maintain all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
• Ensure the implementation of Positive Youth Development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children
• Manage all emergency situations and student behavior situations
• Participates in marketing and retention activities.
• Assist with the on-board of new employees
• Must be at least 21 years or age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program.
• Must have at least a high school diploma and either 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of credit from an accredited college or university 12 semester hours related to school age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. And 750 clock hours
• Must have 1560 clock hours of experience in recreational program or a licensed day care center, and 6 credit hours related to school age child care
• Must be able to make mature decisions, have patience, and is interest/experience working with children.
To apply please visit our website at:
Select the following:
Location: Naperville, IL
Category: After School Programs