The Safe ‘n Sound Office runs before and after school child care programs at the 203, 204, & 129 elementary schools. We have roughly 35 schools, and we run a program at each school, usually located on the stage or in a multipurpose room, with some access to the gym and playground at the school. We service an average of 20 school-aged children, K- 5th grade; curriculum includes character development activities, crafts, games and educational activities. These, along with free time, allow our staff the opportunity to interact and get to know the children at their site.
This position is responsible for the close supervision and interaction with youth in the before and after school program by maintaining a safe and stimulating environment. This will focus on four core areas: leadership, tutorial, arts and crafts and physical education. Emphasis will be given to Positive Youth Development practices.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Believe in, practice and incorporate into the program the core values of Character Development (Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility).
• Create and implement a variety of activities into School Age Child Care activity plans, follow schedule as directed, including snack time, homework time, cleanup, and activity time.
• Assist in the maintenance of the highest standards of health and safety keeping the health and welfare of all children in mind at all times.
• Work positively with parents, children, supervisors and co-workers to maintain high quality and professional program standards.
• Participate and assist in the Schools out and holiday break programs.
• Ensure all safety standards and program requirements established by the YMCA and DCFS are being implemented and maintained.
• Must be 19 years of age and 5 years older than the oldest child with whom they work.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have completed at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours of credits from an accredited college or university with 6 semester or 9 quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and or child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or related fields.
• 1560 clock hours of experience in a recreational program or licensed day care center serving school-age children or a license exempt school age child care program operated by a public or private school, and 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours of credit from an accredited college or university related to school age child care, child development or related field.
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate plus 3120 clock hours of experience in a recreational program, kindergarten, or licensed day care center serving school age children or a license exempt school age child care program operated by a public or private school.
To apply for this position please visit our website at:
Select the following:
Location: Naperville, IL
Position: Group Worker - Safe 'n Sound
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something