Participants were chosen based on their applications and the quality of their demo recordings, according to the Park District. The first place winner will perform at Ribfest and advance to the Illinois Park District Association's Regional Battle of the Bands, giving them a chance to perform at the Illinois State Fair. Second and third place finishers will play at the Naperville Park District's "Rollin' on the River" series on the Riverwalk June 20.
The free event begins at 4 p.m. Friday, May 9, at the Community Concert Center in Central Park, 104 E. Benton Ave.
The lineup is as follows:
- 4 p.m. Bluefish Movement, Neuqua Valley High School
- 4:25 p.m. Evil Never Dies, Metea Valley High School
- 4:50 p.m. Burn Out, Naperville Central High School
- 5:15 p.m. Tipsters, Neuqua Valley High School
- 5:40 p.m. Delta Sons, Waubonsie Valley High School
- 6:10 p.m. Dead Yet Alive, Naperville North High School
- 6:35 p.m. Where It Starts, Neuqua Valley High School
- 7:00 p.m. My Last Obsession, Naperville North High School