Each week Naperville Patch seeks suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments.
We want to hear about these amazing children and teens and select one each week as the Patch Whiz Kid. Submit your nomination in our comment box below or e-mail the information to Local Editor Mary Ann Lopez at . Be sure to include all of the information that's featured below.
This week's nomination includes several Whiz Kids that are softball phenoms. Check it out!
○ Whiz Kids’ team: the Naperville Diamonds 14U Johnson girls softball team
○ Whiz Kids’ ages: The girls range in age from 13-15.
○ Whiz Kids’ schools: Naperville Central, Naperville North, Metea Valley, Wabonsee Valley, Nequa Valley, Oswego East, Glenbard West, Saint Frances - Wheaton, and Plainfield North.
○ Whiz Kids’ accomplishment: In their final tournament before the USSSA World Series, the Naperville Diamonds Aces took first place in ASA Chicago 16U “B” Metros, compiling an impressive 7-0 record.
○ Whiz Kids' Key to Awesomeness (what made them successful?): The pitching trio of Jordan Kurth, Michaela Rausch and Casey Rechenmacher was dominant all weekend, carrying the Aces to five shutouts in seven games and outscoring their opponents 30-4 over the weekend. The defense was also outstanding as the Aces turned five double plays, including two in the championship game.
The Aces beat the Trevians 5-0 in the for the championship to cap off the weekend. Heading into the USSSA 14U World Series, the Aces have compiled four first-place finishes, two second places and a third place in its seven tournaments since the team kicked off last fall.
Thanks to a partnership with , each weekly Whiz Kid will receive a certificate good for one free slice of pizza at the restaurant's or locations.
Weekly Whiz Kids may redeem their free slice of pizza at Nancy's Pizza locations in Bolingbrook, 210 N. Weber Road, and Naperville, 1275 Rickert Drive, only. For more information call the Bolingbrook location at 630-679-0700 or the Naperville restaurant at 630-355-8774.