Each week Naperville Patch will seek suggestions from readers for individual kids, youth groups, teens and even sports teams that wow us with their accomplishments.
We want to hear about these amazing children and teens and select one each week as the Patch Whiz Kid. Submit your nomination in our comment box below or e-mail the information to Local Editor Mary Ann Lopez at . Be sure to include all of the information that's featured below.
This week's nomination includes several Whiz Kids that have hearts of gold. Check it out!
○ Whiz Kids’ names: Jeanelle Grosvenor, Stephanie Hotz, Emily Hotz, Haley Powell, Sean Kudrna, Morgan Powell, Anna Kudrna and Peter Murphy.
○ Whiz Kids’ ages: 10 to 16
○ Whiz Kids’ schools: , , , Metea Valley High School, and .
○ Whiz Kids’ accomplishment: The kids spent the Fourth of July weekend running a lemonade stand near the Ribfest West Street entrance to raise money for the Max Lacewell Foundation. Max lost his battle with cancer two years ago on the Fourth. The kids thought it would be fitting at the holiday to raise money for the new nonprofit.
○ Whiz Kids' Key to Awesomeness (what made him/her successful?): The kids had a goal to raise $1,000 to donate to Max’s family’s nonprofit. They not only met that goal, they exceeded it. The kids raised $1,232 and some change. All of the money will be donated.
Thanks to a partnership with , each weekly Whiz Kid will receive a certificate good for one free slice of pizza at the restaurant's or locations.
Weekly Whiz Kids may redeem their free slice of pizza at Nancy's Pizza locations in Bolingbrook, 210 N. Weber Road, and Naperville, 1275 Rickert Drive, only. For more information call the Bolingbrook location at 630-679-0700 or the Naperville restaurant at 630-355-8774.