.

Naperville Winter Wine Festival Held This Weekend

Naperville Winter Wine Festival, the city's first international wine tasting, will take  place this from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, according to the Naperville Winter Wine Festival. 

There will be 100 different wines available from 20 different representatives. A portion of the proceeds from the Winter Wine Festival benefit DuPage PADS.

“If you’ve ever attended the summer festival in Naperville you know it’s a great opportunity to try a variety of wines in a relaxed atmosphere with friends,” said organizer Scott Janess. “For the Winter Festival, we have created a very unique and exclusive opportunity to taste some of the finest reds, whites and sparkling wines in one of the most elite hotels in the Chicago area. And with the average retail price between $12 and $140 for really exceptional wines, you’ll be amazed how approachable they are to own and enjoy.” 

Tickets are available to those 21 years old over. Tickets are $60 in advance and $65 at the door by calling 847-382-3270 or by visiting Vin Chicago, 2827 Aurora Avenue in Naperville. Additional sampling tickets may be purchased onsite. 

Guests will receive a Riedel wine glass, festival guide and 24 sampling tickets.  Complimentary break-out sessions will also be conducted throughout the afternoon, featuring leaders in the industry. 

The Hotel Arista will provide a selection of hors d’oeuvres to complement the wines,  including Lamb Meatballs with Piquillo Aioli, Aranchini with Tomato Vinaigrette, Braised Short Ribs with Potato Chip and Horseradish Cream, an assortment of Artisanal Cheeses, Seasonal Fruits, Housemade Jam, Toasted Nuts & English Crackers, as well as Antipasto with assorted Cured Meats & Cheeses, Olives, Artichokes, Cherry Tomatoes, Pickled Vegetables, Grapes & Toasted Crostini.   

Vin Chicago has chosen a wide array of red wines, including Cabernets and red blends, from California, Italy, Spain, France, South America, South Africa and Australia. A dozen white wines, including Chardonnays, Chenin Blancs, Rieslings and Pinot Grigios, from California and France will also be available for tasting at the event.

Among the featured wines are Chateau Montelena, Round Pond, Chappellet “Pritchard Hill,”  Caymus “Special Select,” Honig Napa Valley, Ken Wright and Schramsberg. Guests can order any of the wines they taste for pick up at Vin Chicago at an average of 15 percent under the average retail, with an additional 10 percent off the case price.

“We are hand selecting every wine we are pouring,” says Mike Matonte, Advanced Sommelier and Manager of Vin Chicago. “Over 60 percent of the wines being tasted  have officially earned scores of 90 points or greater by wine publications such as Wine Spectator, Wine Advocate and International Wine Cellar. The other 40 percent will probably earn the same soon!”

 The Naperville Winter Wine Festival is presented by Calamos Wealth Management and coordinated by Vin Chicago and inPLAY EVENTS. inPLAY EVENTS is the organizer of the annual Naperville Wine Festival held at CityGate Centre each August.

For more information on the Naperville Winter Wine Festival, visit www.napervillewinefestival.com or call 847-382-3270.

Source: Naperville Wine Festival press release 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »