Labor Day closures will be in effect on Monday, Sept. 3 throughout Naperville. Here are a list of some of the closures, changes to hours of operation and changes to garbage collection.
Labor Day Parade
The 2012 Labor Day Parade will take place at 10 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 3 in downtown Naperville. The Fling Mile will take place starting at 9:30 a.m. along the parade route. The parade route will start at Naperville North High School, heading south on Mill Street, turning east onto Jefferson Ave., then south on Main Street, then west onto Porter ending at Naperville Central High School. For a map of the parade route and Fling Mile course, visit www.naperville.il.us/lastfling.aspx.
Garbage/Recycling Collection Changes
There will be no curbside garbage/recycling collection on Monday. If regular collection occurs on Monday residents will have their garbage and recycling picked up one day later. Garbage collection for all other residents will be pushed back one day throughout the week. Information on residential garbage collection can be found on the city’s website.
The city of Naperville’s municipal center will be closed on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Naperville Park District Closures and Operation Changes
- Administration Building at 320 W. Jackson Ave., will be closed from 3 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31 through Monday, Sept. 3.
- Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, 305 W. Jackson Ave. will be closed from Wednesday, Aug. 31 through Monday, Sept. 3.
- Centennial Beach, the Eatery, the Paddleboat Quarry, the Millennium Carillon and Springbrook and Naperbrook golf courses will operate during the weekend under special hours. For more information on these facilities, please call:
- Centennial Beach: 630-848-5092
- Millennium Carillon: 630-848-3611
- Springbrook Golf Course: 630-848-5060
- Naperbrook Golf Course: 630-378-4215
Naperville Public Library
All three library locations: Nichols Public Library, 95th Street and Naper Blvd. will be closed on Sunday and Monday in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Normal hours of 9 a. m. to 9 p.m. will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Drive-up returns will continue to be available over the holiday. Materials may be renewed by calling 630-961-0460 or through the Library Catalog, www.naperville-lib.org is open 24/7 for downloads or to renew materials online.
The DuPage County Health Department’s Public Health Centers in Addison, Lombard, West Chicago, Westmont and Wheaton will be closed Monday. The Health Department’s Crisis Hotline 630-627-1700 in Behavioral Health Services will remain in operation.